St Andrews and East Neuk of Fife Tour
This tour takes in the world famous home of golf St Andrews. We will visit the famous Swilken Bridge and the Old Course along with St Andrews Castle, Cathedral and University. on this tour we also stop at Lower Largo the inspiration for William Defoe’s Robinson Crusoe, Falkland Palace and Dunfermline Abbey, the final resting place of Robert the Bruce.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeGuided Tours
- Activity Level Leisurely
- Group Size Small Group
From the humble beginnings in 1681 in Leith Links to the world famous old course in St Andrews, let our experienced tour guide tell you the stories of Leith Links and the first international game of golf played there, how King James VI’s partner came to win golfers land and how Edinburgh council asked for the first set of rules in 1744 and thus beginning the great game golf as we now know.
We will then travel out to St Andrews and the now home of golf, see the old course and the famous Swilcan Bridge and where its claimed that golf was played there 600 years ago.
St Andrews boasts also 6 other beautiful golf courses and the British Golf Mueseum that chronicles the history of UK golf.
Not only is St Andrews known for golf but this historic town has more to offer with a stunning castle, beautiful coastline and a university dating back to 1413, with a long list of famous students.
- This tour allows passengers to get out at various locations for photographs
- Children must be accompained by an adult
- A maximum of 6 passengers can be taken in each vehicle
- A cancellation fee will be applied if the tour is cancelled within 24 hours as per the terms and conditions in booking.
- Be prepared for the weather
- All tours will be conducted in english
- MERCEDES VITO TAXI
- TRADITIONAL LONDON TAXI
- Admission to attractions